1. Carefully follow all instructions.
2. Always perform investigations with adult supervision.
3. Be aware of other students working near you.
4. Keep your work area clean and free of unneeded objects.
5. Do not play during an investigation.
6. Use care with equipment to keep it in good condition.
7. Wipe up spills immediately.
8. Use care with sharp or pointed objects.
9. Do not shine flashlights into the eyes of others.
1. Be aware of all open flames. Bunsen burner flames are difficult to
2. Never touch the surface of an operating hot plate, lamp, or lightbulb.
3. When heating a substance, keep it away from people.
1. Never use electric equipment without proper supervision.
2. Electricity flowing in wires causes the wires to become hot. Use
1. Never smell chemicals
2. Never taste unknown chemicals.
3. Remember that even the
chemicals can cause hazardous reactions.
4. Always do chemical tests under
5. Do not place your fingers in
your mouth while working with chemicals.
6. Always wash your hands after
with chemicals or organisms.
1. Carry the microscope with two
hand on the arm of the microscope and the
other hand beneath the base.
2. Review with your teacher or parent
the correct way to use the microscope.
3. NEVER use direct sunlight as
the light source
for the microscope.
4. Handle glass slides carefully.
They break easily.
1. Never directly smell any substance used in an investigation.
2. Never taste any known or unknown substance used in an investigation.
3. Remember that even simple substances can cause hazardous reactions.
4. Do not place your fingers in your mouth during an investigation.
5. Always wash your hands after working with substances in an investigation.